First week of classes support numbers
The first week of classes is always the busiest time for Technology Services support staff. This year, between the Tech Services Help Desk and Classroom Technologies classroom support, there were a total of 2,592 support requests during the first week of classes.
This infographic has more information about how we provided support to students, faculty, and staff at the University of Illinois.
Technology Services at Illinois
Customer Support: The First Week of Classes
Data from the first week of 2015-2016 Fall Semester (August 24-28)
2592 total help requests during the first week of classes
What did we help students, faculty, and staff with?
Help Desk requests
- Passwords - 773 tickets
- Google Apps - 242 tickets
- Illinois Compass 2g - 225 tickets
- Email - 132 tickets
- Wireless - 120 tickets
Classroom Technology Requests
- Resident Classroom PC - 56 tickets
- Laptop - 41 tickets
- Projector - 29 tickets
- Micorophone - 12 tickets
- Touch Control Panel - 10 tickets
How did students, faculty, and staff contact us?
- Email - 44%
- Phone - 42%
- Walk In - 14%
Comparing 2014 and 2015 Help Desk Requests
Total Help Requests
- 2014 - 2499 requests
- 2015 - 2422 requests
- 2014 Email - 1221 requests
- 2015 Email - 1070 requests
- 2014 Phone - 942 requests
- 2015 Phone - 1019 requests
- 2014 Walk In - 329 requests
- 2015 Walk In - 332 requests
Help Request Topics
- 2014 Passwords - 643 requests
- 2015 Passwords - 733 requests
- 2014 Google Apps - 146 requests
- 2015 Google Apps - 242 requests
- 2014 Illinois Compass 2g - 314 requests
- 2015 Illinois Compass 2g - 225 requests
- 2014 Email - 95 requests
- 2015 Email - 132 requests
- 2014 Wireless - 95 requests
- 2015 Wireless - 120 requests
Who Are We?
Technology Services at Illinois provides essential technologies and support to the students, faculty, and staff at the University of Illinois. Some of our key services include campus email, passwords, wireless, Illinois Compass (a learning managment system), and technology in classrooms. For more information, visit techservices.illinois.edu.