Resource Guide for New and Returning Students
Here are the top 6 things you should know about technology at the University of Illinois to help you get ready for the new school year.
1. Know where to get free tech support
2. Get free and discounted software
3. Setup your University email
4. Learn something new with free online training
Illinois students have free access to Lynda.com, an online library with thousands of video tutorials for all kinds of software. Log in with your NetID at go.illinois.edu/lynda.
5. Get free online storage
Illinois students get several University online storage accounts for collaboration and storage needs. Visit go.illinois.edu/cloudstorage to learn more.
6. Get a discount on computers, just for being a student
The Tech Zone offers discounts, information about what kind of computer you need for your major, and on-site Apple technicians. The Tech Zone is located at the southwest corner of the Illini Union. www.techzone.illinois.edu