Frequently Asked Questions regarding commitments and the Commitments App
Permanent (Recurring) Budget Adjustments recur, impacting the available budget for both the current as well as succeeding fiscal years. Temporary (Nonrecurring) Budget Adjustments do not recur and only impact the available budget for the current fiscal year.
Take caution when checking this box. When checked, the transfer is not processed in the transfer application and does not factor into the “Counts Against” calculation. Internal transfers might be used to record corrective entries so that transparency is maintained but the “counts against” fields are not overstated.
Internal Verification is an optional level of approval that can be put in place before a transaction goes to the External Verification level. Adding this additional level is at the discretion of the department and the desired approval flow.
- To remove a fiscal year, the committed amount must be $0.00
- Click the committed amount of the FY to be deleted
- Edit the Amount to be $0.00
- Click Save
- Choose “Delete FY” from the Actions dropdown
- Inferred = sub-commitments made to your unit from other users of the Commitments Application
- Explicit = receivables you have created
This Commitments application allows units to track financial obligations they have made to other entities—both internal and external to campus. It also allows units to view obligations that other Commitments application users have made to them (Receivables).
This Transfers application works in tandem with the Commitments application to approve and execute transfers that initiated within Commitments.
- Public comments and attachments are viewable to both the committing and receiving units.
- Internal comments and attachments are viewable to only the committing unit.
Quickly ensure that all filters are cleared by clicking “Clear Filters” in the top left corner. Sometimes filters are “sticky” and hold over from previous browsing sessions.
- Source CFOAPALs populate in the transfer dropdowns as options for funds to be transferred “FROM.” These also populate the dropdown to choose a default fund source.
- Destination CFOAPALs populate in the transfer dropdowns as options for funds to be transferred “TO.”
Additional information about the Commitments Application is available by visiting these links