Senior IT Procurement Analyst
Office of the CIO
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Technology Services at Illinois is the provider of campus-wide computing, networking, telephone, and instructional technology services supporting academic activities of faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Technology Services has an opening in our Business and Finance group for a Senior IT Procurement Analyst. The Senior IT Procurement Analyst will provide an array of business services to Technology Services internal units, including bid, RFP, and sole source development, contract negotiation, and implementing and managing fiscal procedures. The incumbent will be expected to work with management and staff of Technology Services units to streamline and implement strong fiscal controls.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the main procurement and contract liaison to the campus and to the Technology Services Business Office in absence of the Lead IT Procurement Analyst.
- Represent Technology Services on University-level projects, such as Contract Management System, campus Purchasing related initiatives, iBuy RFP development and evaluation.
- Coordinate with Technology Services units and campus Purchasing to develop purchasing requests for proposal, bids, and sole sources.
- Responsible for participating with Business and Finance supervision in developing, implementing, and managing the fiscal procedures for Technology Services unit’s financial operations.
- Responsible for identifying issues, developing solutions, and streamlining business processes and policy.
- Oversee all procurement renewals, including fiscal year-end.
- Participate in the development, planning and implementation of unit fiscal operations.
- Work with Lead IT Procurement Analyst in the negotiation, approval, and oversight of purchase contracts.
- Provide training to Technology Services staff on purchasing systems and methods, contract management, iBuy.
- Work with Lead IT Procurement Analyst on Asset Management, on occasion.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings and participate in training programs, seminars, classes.
- Ensure excellent Customer Service throughout Technology Services.
- Understand the overall processes and procedures of the organization and make recommendations in the continual improvement of those processes and procedures, providing for management analysis and recommendations on continuous improvement.
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost
Chief Information Officer
Director, Strategic Business and Financial Analysis
Lead IT Procurement Analyst
Senior IT Procurement Analyst
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of experience with purchasing, bidding, contracts and business operations.
- Experience with using business application software, such as spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and web tools.
- Knowledge of University’s business system, i.e. Banner and knowledge of University’s purchasing policies and rules.
- Basic understanding of information technology services.
- Knowledge of university’s business policies and rules.
Appointment Status and Salary
This position is a regular, full-time, twelve-month academic professional appointment and includes salary and a benefits package (24 vacation days, 12 sick days, health, dental, vision, SURS retirement). For other University provided benefits, please go to: https://nessie.uihr.uillinois.edu. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. There will be no relocation costs included in this package. Applicants should have a current, valid legal authorization to work in the United States. The start date will be as soon as possible after close date.
For full consideration, applications should be received by September 21, 2017. Please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload in one file a letter of application and resume. The online application will require names and contact information for three professional references. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For further information about this position, please contact Rhonda Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (217) 333-4222.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu