Cybersecurity Support (also known simply as “Security Support”) is a service of University of Illinois Privacy & Security and the Chief Privacy and Security Officer. The goal for this service is to serve university faculty, staff, and students by providing consultation, advisement, resources, and outreach on all non-emergency matters related to cybersecurity.
How do I engage, and who should I contact?
- Email email@example.com
- (Note: If it’s urgent, call the 24×7 on-call responder at 217.265.0000, option 3)
- Also note: Critical/urgent response is a feature of Cybersecurity Operations Center – Critical Event Response
What does Cybersecurity Support do?
- Cybersecurity Support provides consultation, advisement, resources, and outreach on all non-emergency matters related to cybersecurity. This offering includes non-emergency consultation requests, cybersecurity planning, security policy support, compliance guidance, security engineering requests, feedback gathering, tools maintenance, cybersecurity resource support, and other non-emergency cybersecurity-related requests.
Who they do it do it for?
- Cybersecurity consulting available to all University Administration, Urbana campus , and Springfield campus customers (faculty, researchers, staff, students).
- Technical cybersecurity support available for Administration staff, Urbana staff, and Springfield staff; and specialized support groups (e.g. Technology Services Help Desk, Privacy & Security Liaisons, etc). Some student support available as a Tier-2 offering through first-level help desks and other student primary support services.
- Project security resource, assessment, engineering and planning support are available for Technology Services and AITS customers.
- Maintenance of security tools and services provided at-will for designated cybersecurity liaisons/staff members at University Administration, Urbana campus , and Springfield campus.
What timelines are standard?
- Requests sent to the official security queue will be picked up and assigned within 3 business days of arrival.
- Replies and completion to above inquiries within 10 business days.
- Work requests, extended consultation requests, escalations, project resource requests, risk/contract consulting (see Cybersecurity Risk and Compliance), or nonstandard requests require longer. They may have dependencies and usually take longer to complete or resolve, at times significantly.
Deviations of Process
Please send critical feedback, suggestions, or requests for escalation to: