This page is intended to help IT Professionals at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana with any technology support needs or questions they have. You will find tools and links to key services and technical support pages to help your customers, and yourself, use technology with success. The wonderful IT staff across units and all of campus keep our university’s mission alive and working. Thank you!
Get Help Directly
UIUC Tech Help Center
The UIUC Tech Help Center provides a centralized location to search KnowledgeBase articles, view service information, and submit requests.
Campus Help Desks
Each help desk has different locations, operating hours, and customers they serve.
The Help Desk Tools Access Program (HDTAP) is designed to provide IT Pros across campus with tools that allow them to better support their units.
- Visit the Tools Access Program article for information on how to gain access.
HDTAP currently allows IT Pros to request access to one or more of the following tools:
- Active Directory (AD) Tools: mainly used to unlock user accounts
- Cerebro: provides basic directory info, account status, information about cloud services and more
- Box Team Folder Creation Tool: used to create team folders
Our Networking Team installs, manages, and maintains, most of the networking services offered at the university.
Networking Services & Tools:
- Provide Wi-Fi / Wireless Help to a Customer
- Access Iris to Manage Local Networks
- Firewall – Service Plan Options
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) – Download, Install, Support
- Connect a Researcher to the Illinois Research Network (CARNE)
- Request a New Network
- Manage IP Addresses (IPAM), Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
The Endpoint Services Team (EPS) runs services that provide industry standard tools to IT Professionals that reduce operational costs for supporting campus desktop, laptop, and mobile computing devices. These tools provide secure updates, patch management, logging, inventory maintenance, and overall quick remediation abilities for IT Pros.
Current service offerings include the following:
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM, formerly SCCM)
- Workspace ONE (formerly known as AirWatch)
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
The Privacy and Security team works across the University of Illinois System to protect students, faculty, researchers, and staff from cybersecurity threats.
If you are experiencing a cybersecurity breach or emergency, please report it immediately.
The Research IT Portal offers a comprehensive list of research technology resources and services available to university researchers from all units. Research computing, data collection and storage, analytics, software development, cloud computing, and much more can be found on the portal. All consulting services are free. The Research IT Training calendar offers trainings and opportunities focused on research technology from across campus. Contact Research IT consultants at Research-IT@illinois.edu.
- Visit the Research IT Portal
- Search for Research IT Trainings
- Subscribe to the Research IT E-Newsletter
- Connect a Researcher to the Illinois Research Network (CARNE) – Managed by Networking group
- The Illinois Research Network is a section of the campus network which is designed to provide unrestricted high-speed access to off-campus locations for specific research purposes, also known as CARNE (Campus Advanced Research Network Environment).
Technology Services offers multiple web hosting services free for all Illinois students, faculty, and staff. Focus on building your content while Technology Services handles maintenance in the background.
- Request a site at publish.illinois.edu and set up a university-branded website in minutes.
- cPanel gives you several ways to create a website through a web interface. You can use established content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, Drupal and others, or create your own custom site using HTML, CSS, jQuery, and other web-related languages
- Visit our web hosting finder for other web hosting options, and find a solution that meets your needs.
Contracted IT Services
Additional IT Help to Your Unit
Managed IT Services (MITS) allows departments to provide high quality IT support to their employees through service agreements personalized per unit needs. Services include: desktop/laptop and server administration, end user technical support, and consulting on other services.
Contact Matthew McNeilly if interested in a service agreement.
Field Consulting provides University departments, administrative units, colleges, and research facilities with expertise in supporting, implementing, administering, configuring, and replacing hardware and networks.
Join a Campus IT Pro Mailing List
Visit the link above to learn more about the various mailing lists available to IT Pros at UIUC. Join mailing lists directly, and learn more about the IT Pro conferences offered at the university.
Tech Support Message Archive
The Tech Support emails provide important updates and guidance about changes in services and resources to IT professionals on campus. View previous Tech Support messages below:
- Covid Vaccination Record Card Assistance – (8/26/21)
- TeamDynamix Project Update – August 2021 – (8/26/21)
- COVID Vaccination Card Pop-up Help Desks – (8/25/21)
- Tech Services Help Desk Walk-in Support by Appointment Only – (8/19/21)
- New Technology Services Website – (8/18/21)
- Skype for Business – Provisioning – (8/17/21)
- UIUC Tech Help Center Help Desk Redesign – (8/12/21)
- UIUC Tech Help Center Redesign Postponed – (8/10/2021)
- UIUC Tech Help Center Help Desks Page Review – (8/9/21)
- August 8 – Zoom Minimum Client Version Requirement – (8/6/21)
- Networking – Switch Firmware Upgrades in August – (7/30/21)
- Reminder – August 8 Zoom Minimum Client Version Requirement – (7/29/21)
- Reminder: Tech Points – Call for Volunteers (7/21/2021)
- Taking action on Qualys vulnerability scans (7/15/2021)
- Tech Points – Call for Volunteers (7/15/2021)
- University Library IT Joins TeamDynamix (7/14/2021
- IP Address Management Appliance Grid Upgrade (7/8/2021)
- TeamDynamix Notification Template Update (7/7/2021)
- TeamDynamix Project Update – April 2021 (4/29/2021)
- April AWS Consulting Sessions (4/26/2021)
- Technology Services Feedback Survey – (4/22/2021)
- April AWS Consulting Sessions -(4/19/2021)
- Email Auto-Forwarding Changes Affecting Faculty and Staff – (4/16/2021)
- Box Announces API Changes – (4/15/2021)
- Gies College of Business Joins TeamDynamix – (4/14/2021)
- Campus Service Catlog Changes – (4/14/2021)
- April AWS Consulting Sessions – (4/12/2021)
- New U of I Box User Interface Launching April 13 – (4/2021)
- PCI Network Retirement – (4/6/2021)
- April AWS Consulting Sessions – (4/5/2021)
- Zoom for Outlook Plug-in Retiring in May – (3/31/2021)
- Campus Scanning Update – (3/30/2021)
- April AWS Consulting Session – (3/29/2021)
- TeamDynamix Project Update – (3/26/2021)
- March AWS Consulting Sessions – (3/24/2021)
- March AWS Consulting Sessions – (3/17/2021)
- March AWS Consulting Sessions – (3/3/2021)
- The UIUC Help Center is Live – (2/26/2021)
- Vulnerability Analysis Scanning Begins March 1 – (2/26/2021)
- March AWS Consulting Sessions – (2/24/2021)
- Firewall Changes – (2/23/2021)
- Introducing the UIUC Tech Help Center – (2/22/2021)
- Campus LDAP Service Retirement – (2/16/2021)
- AWS Presentation: Console Basics, Cost Explorer, and Budgets – (2/11/2021)
- Network Vulnerability Scan Starting March 1 – (2/10/2021)
- Access to Cloud-Hosted Shibboleth and Mail Relays from Private Networks – (2/9/2021)
- February AWS Consulting Sessions – (2/9/2021)
- Required: Upgrade to AWSCLI-Login Module for AWS CLI users – (2/5/2021)
- IP Address Management Changes – (2/5/2021)
- Basic Authentication Support Ending–Next Steps – (2/4/2021)
- Correction-February 7 Zoom Default Sharing Option Change – (2/2/2021)
- February 7- Zoom SSO Required and Default Sharing Option Change – (2/2/2021)
- Shib AWS Migration Postponement – (1/19/21)
- Clarification – January 19 Zoom Changes – (1/14/2021)
- January 19 – Changes to Zoom Sign In Process – (1/14/2021)
- January 19 – Skype for Business graduate/professional student activations – (1/14/2021)
- Proxy IdP/IdP discovery service migrating to AWS – reminder & addl info – (1/11/2021)
- January AWS consulting sessions – (1/7/2021)
- Qualys platform updates coming – (1/7/2021)
- Proxy IdP/IdP discovery service migration in Jan – (12/21/2020)
- Getting Started on High Performance Computing – Self-Paced Training Available – (12/7/2020)
- AWS Presentation: Cost Explorer and Budgets – (12/7/2020)
- IPAM Upgrade January 5 -(12/7/2020)
- Update for December 19 Incoming Email Relay Changes – (12/4/2020)
- TeamDynamix Project Update – (12/2/2020)
- December 19 – Incoming Email Relay Changes – (12/1/2020)
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Administrative rights and update prompts – (10/23/2020)
- AWS Webinar: DEVOPS – (10/20/2020)
- Reminder: Zoom Office Hours – (10/20/2020)
- Reminder October AWS consulting sessions – (10/16/2020)
- Reminder About End of Basic Authentication Support – (10/14/2020)
- Changes to Outbound Relays – (10/13/2020)
- Load-Balanced Addresses Reconfiguration in Active Directory 10-15 – (10/8/2020)
- Upcoming Changes to the SparkPost Transmissions API – (10/8/2020)
- Reminder October AWS consulting sessions – (10/8/2020)
- October: AWS Webinar: AI/ML in Education – (10/5/2020)
- Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac and Office 2010 – End of Support – (10/2/2020)
- Zoom Live Transcription Feature – (8/27/2020)
- September AWS Consulting Sessions – (8/27/2020)
- AWS Webinar: Research Programs – (8/26/2020)
- Campuswire accessibility update – (8/21/2020)
- UIUC AnyWare – New Service Announcement – (8/21/2020)
- August AWS consulting sessions – (8/21/2020)
- Individual microphones for instructors delayed – (8/19/2020)
- AWS Webinar: Move to Managed Databases – (8/18/2020)
- Student Adobe Licensing – (8/18/2020)
- August 19 and September 8 – Zoom Settings Changes – (8/14/2020)
- EdTech Open Sessions for IT Pros – (8/13/2020)
- Campuswire now available – (8/13/2020)
- AWS Webinar: Move to Managed Databases – (8/12/2020)
- August 18 – Skype for Business graduate/professional student account activations – (8/12/2020)
- August 13 – Two new Zoom integrations – (8/11/2020)
- EdTech Open Sessions for IT Pros – (8/6/2020)
- TeamDynamix Project Status – (8/5/2020)
- August AWS consulting sessions – (8/3/2020)
- VPN and Microsoft 365 Announcements – (8/3/2020)