This page is intended to help IT Professionals at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana with any technology support needs or questions they have. You will find tools and links to key services and technical support pages to help your customers, and yourself, use technology with success. The wonderful IT staff across units and all of campus keep our university’s mission alive and working. Thank you!
Get Help Directly
UIUC Tech Help Center
The UIUC Tech Help Center provides a centralized location to search KnowledgeBase articles, view service information, and submit requests.
Campus Help Desks
Each help desk has different locations, operating hours, and customers they serve.
The Help Desk Tools Access Program (HDTAP) is designed to provide IT Pros across campus with tools that allow them to better support their units.
- Visit the Tools Access Program article for information on how to gain access.
HDTAP currently allows IT Pros to request access to one or more of the following tools:
- Active Directory (AD) Tools: mainly used to unlock user accounts
- Cerebro: provides basic directory info, account status, information about cloud services and more
- Box Team Folder Creation Tool: used to create team folders
Our Networking Team installs, manages, and maintains, most of the networking services offered at the university.
Networking Services & Tools:
- Provide Wi-Fi / Wireless Help to a Customer
- Access Iris to Manage Local Networks
- Firewall – Service Plan Options
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) – Download, Install, Support
- Connect a Researcher to the Illinois Research Network (CARNE)
- Request a New Network
- Manage IP Addresses (IPAM), Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
The Endpoint Services Team (EPS) runs services that provide industry standard tools to IT Professionals that reduce operational costs for supporting campus desktop, laptop, and mobile computing devices. These tools provide secure updates, patch management, logging, inventory maintenance, and overall quick remediation abilities for IT Pros.
Current service offerings include the following:
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM, formerly SCCM)
- Workspace ONE (formerly known as AirWatch)
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
The Privacy and Security team works across the University of Illinois System to protect students, faculty, researchers, and staff from cybersecurity threats.
If you are experiencing a cybersecurity breach or emergency, please report it immediately.
The Research IT Portal offers a comprehensive list of research technology resources and services available to university researchers from all units. Research computing, data collection and storage, analytics, software development, cloud computing, and much more can be found on the portal. All consulting services are free. The Research IT Training calendar offers trainings and opportunities focused on research technology from across campus. Contact Research IT consultants at Research-IT@illinois.edu.
- Visit the Research IT Portal
- Search for Research IT Trainings
- Subscribe to the Research IT E-Newsletter
- Connect a Researcher to the Illinois Research Network (CARNE) – Managed by Networking group
- The Illinois Research Network is a section of the campus network which is designed to provide unrestricted high-speed access to off-campus locations for specific research purposes, also known as CARNE (Campus Advanced Research Network Environment).
Technology Services offers multiple web hosting services free for all Illinois students, faculty, and staff. Focus on building your content while Technology Services handles maintenance in the background.
- Request a site at publish.illinois.edu and set up a university-branded website in minutes.
- cPanel gives you several ways to create a website through a web interface. You can use established content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, Drupal and others, or create your own custom site using HTML, CSS, jQuery, and other web-related languages
- Visit our web hosting finder for other web hosting options, and find a solution that meets your needs.
Contracted IT Services
Additional IT Help to Your Unit
Managed IT Services (MITS) allows departments to provide high quality IT support to their employees through service agreements personalized per unit needs. Services include: desktop/laptop and server administration, end user technical support, and consulting on other services.
Contact Matthew McNeilly if interested in a service agreement.
Field Consulting provides University departments, administrative units, colleges, and research facilities with expertise in supporting, implementing, administering, configuring, and replacing hardware and networks.
Join a Campus IT Pro Mailing List
Visit the link above to learn more about the various mailing lists available to IT Pros at UIUC. Join mailing lists directly, and learn more about the IT Pro conferences offered at the university.
Tech Support Message Archive
The Tech Support emails provide important updates and guidance about changes in services and resources to IT professionals on campus. View previous Tech Support messages below. A full archive dating to 2013 is available at https://lists.illinois.edu.
- Microsoft Teams Hardware Showcase (11/28/22)
- Zoom Update (11/21/22)
- Microsoft Teams Hardware Showcase (11/21/22)
- Cloud Emailer Service Update (11/18/22)
- November 2022 – Identity, Privacy & Cybersecurity IT Pro Update (11/17/22)
- 2022-2023 Greg Gulick Service Excellence Award Winners (11/4/22)
- Zoom Linux Client Notice (11/3/22)
- Log In Issues (Massmail) (8/15/22)
- AWS Office Hours (8/15/22)
- TeamDynamix Update – (2/24/2022)
- Upcoming Microsoft Teams Training &Recordings Available – (2/21/2022)
- February 2022 Privacy &Cybersecurity Update – (2/17/2022)
- Installing Microsoft Teams – (2/14/2022)
- ACES IT Joins TeamDynamix – (2/10/2022)
- Upcoming Microsoft Teams Training & Recordings Available – (2/7/2022)
- Cybersecurity Advisory – Samba Critical Vulnerability- (2/3/2022)
- Cybersecurity Training and Awareness Joins TeamDynamix – (1/31/2022)
- Microsoft Teams Training Reminder – (1/31/2022)
- Team Dynamix Update – (1/27/2022)
- 2022 Privacy Everywhere Conference on Jan 28 – (1/20/2022)
- Mailing List Migration Postponed – (1/13/2022)
- Skype for Business Retirement FY23 – Phone and Equipment Updates for Units Follow-Up – (1/11/2022)
- New Login Screen Coming Week of Jan 10 – (1/7/2022)
- Coming Jan 12: Basic Auth Protocols Turning Off – (1/6/2022)
- Log4j December 17 Update – (12/17)
- Skype for Business Retirement FY 2023-Register for Microsoft Teams Training – (12/16)
- Campus Mailing List Migration – (12/16)
- Update regarding vulnerability CVE-2021-4428 – (12/13)
- Vulnerability Notice (CVE-2021-4428) – (12/10)