The Microsoft Teams Transition Project was a multi-year, cross-campus effort to transition our university from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams as the primary phone communication tool. Read about the project’s success in the article, “Collaboration Proved “Mission Critical” in the Skype-to-Teams Migration.”
About the Project
- Some units may have equipment changes or a shift to no longer using physical phones.
- Review the Microsoft Teams Phone Buying Guide
- View the list of phones and devices compatible with Teams
- This list also includes information about which devices are not compatible and may need to be replaced.
- Teams Certified devices will pass E911 data to public safety. This is a campus requirement for life safety.
- Skype phone numbers will remain the same for Teams
- The Unified Communications Phone Inventory App allows campus units to identify the phone devices currently in use which will no longer function after the transition from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams. Please note this link is only accessible from Campus IPs (VPN included).
University-specific training, Mircosoft help videos and documentation are available on the Microsoft Teams page.
A number of Microsoft-hosted video trainings are available in Media Space.
The Microsoft Teams video archive houses videos from our events, training sessions, and more.
Need more help? Contact our Help Desk!